Annual event expands to week-long celebration
(Greenville, SC) Holiday Happenings, in partnership with the City of Greenville, will transform downtown Greenville into a week-long festive destination for shopping and dining this holiday season. Event festivities will begin with the Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 2 and continue through Sunday, December 10. Event highlights include:
- Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade - Marking the start of the holiday season, the Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade is set for Saturday, December 2 at 6 p.m. The one-mile parade route stretches from Augusta Street to North Street on Main Street and will feature over 90 musical marching units, elaborately decorated floats and, of course, Santa Claus. The parade is free to the public and spectators will find ample places to view the parade, with prime seating located from the Main Street Bridge south toward Falls Park.
- Live Music and Holiday Entertainment - The festive event will feature over 50 musical performances, including local bands, caroling groups and area schools. The entertainment schedule will also include caricature artists and magicians. Performances will take place in six downtown plazas beginning Friday, December 8 through Sunday, December 10.
- Downtown Merchant Promotions - Throughout the event week, close to 40 downtown shops and restaurants will offer promotional specials, how-to classes and holiday treat sampling.
- Festively-Decorated Plazas - The City of Greenville, in partnership with ONE City Plaza businesses and Holiday Happenings, will transform NOMA Square, ONE City Plaza, Graham Plaza and West End Plaza with holiday lights and decorations. Additionally, several plazas will feature fire pits provided by Freeman Gas to create warm gathering spots for downtown visitors.
- Holiday Parking Rates - The City of Greenville will offer a special $2 holiday parking rate at the ONE City Plaza Garage, Poinsett Garage, Spring Street Garage and West End Lot from 5 p.m. on Friday, December 8 to midnight on Sunday, December 10. In addition, the Richardson Street Garage and West Washington Street Deck offer free weekend parking from 6 p.m. on Fridays to 6 a.m. on Mondays.
Holiday Happenings is supported by downtown business partners, including Bank of Traveler’s Rest, Link Apartments, VisitGreenvilleSC, Massage Envy, GVL Today, Encore Technology Group, Port City Java, Southern Tide, The Cook’s Station, Hyatt Regency Greenville, Rush Wilson Limited, Oil & Vinegar, Mast General Store and Wells Fargo.
For a complete entertainment schedule and listing of merchant promotions, visit http://www.downtownholidayhappening.com. Follow the event on social media and use the hashtag #GVLHOLIDAYHAPPENINGS to join in the conversation.