You are invited to review documents relating to these applications before the public hearing. Application materials are posted online at http://www.greenvillesc.gov/pc and available for inspection in the Planning and Development Office on the 6th floor of City Hall, 206 South Main Street, Greenville, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. You may contact the Planning Office at (864) 467-4476 for more information. Application materials are subject to change.
You will have the opportunity to voice your comments at the public hearing. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. Repetitive statements should be avoided; individuals sharing similar concerns are encouraged to appoint a spokesperson to represent their group. Alternatively, you may submit written comments to: Planning & Development Office, PO Box 2207, Greenville, SC 29602, by fax at (864) 467-4510, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written comments must be received by 2PM Monday before the hearing in order to be given adequate time for consideration by the commission before the hearing. Comments received after 2PM Monday will be provided to the commission at the hearing. Please reference the application number and include your name and address on all correspondence. All comments will be made part of the public record.
In some cases the applicant may be required, as part of the application process, to hold a neighborhood meeting before the application is heard by the Commission. Property owners within 500’ of the application site would then be notified by mail. A property owner that directly abuts the proposed project or owners of 20% of parcels within 500’ may also request a meeting. Contact the Planning and Development Office for further instructions.
Following the public hearing, the Planning Commission will act upon the applications. The Commission’s actions for the following types of applications constitute a Recommendation to the City Council:
• Matters pertaining to the Comprehensive Plan
• Amendments to the text of the Land Management Ordinance (Zoning/Land Development Regulations)
• Amendments to the Zoning District Map (including ‘Planned Developments’ and ‘Flexible Review Districts’) – Item(s) G (New Business)
• Variances to the Stormwater Management Ordinance
• Planning-related studies and plans
The City Council will consider these items at scheduled, public Meetings (two readings of an ordinance to either approve, or disapprove, a proposal are required). You will not receive a separate notice of those meetings, but you are invited to attend and register with the City Clerk if you wish to comment upon an Application at the Meeting(s). You may contact the City Clerk’s Office at (864) 467-4441 to verify the date of the City Council Meeting or refer to the meeting schedule reflected on the City’s web site (www.greenvillesc.gov).
The Commission’s action for the following types of applications constitutes a Decision of the Planning Commission (i.e., no further actions are required):
• Matters pertaining to the Design and Specifications Manual
• Approval of Land Development Permits (Major Subdivisions and Multifamily Residential Development proposals) – Item(s) A, B, C, D, E, and F (New Business)
• Approval of Final Development Plans for ‘Planned Developments’
• Street name changes
• Appeals from the Decisions of the Administrator relative to the Design and Specifications Manual, or sections 19-6.7 through 19-6.10 of the Land Management Ordinance