BUS HOURS OF OPERATION
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Waiting for the Bus
It is advised to arrive at your bus stop at least five minutes before the scheduled arrival time of the bus. When the bus pulls up, check the destination sign on the front of the bus (above the windshield or on the side where you board) to be sure you are boarding the correct bus. If you still aren't sure, tell the driver where you want to go and ask if you're boarding the correct bus.
When waiting for the bus, stand at the nearest bus stop sign or shelter. Make sure that the bus driver can see you so you are not passed by. Always signal the driver that you wish to ride the bus.
All Greenlink buses are wheelchair accessible.
Track the Real-Time Arrival of the Bus
Use the Transit app to see the real-time location of the buses. Both the Transit app and the Google Maps app will provide live arrival predictions based on current traffic conditions.
RACK N RIDE!
Paying Your Fare
A full-fare, one-way trip is $1.50. You can purchase a transfer ticket for $0.50 if you need to take a second route to reach your final destination. The fare boxes on the buses only accept cash or coin, and do not provide change, so you should have the exact amount you need on hand. Greenlink also offers several discounted fares. Riders seeking a discounted fare must have proper documentation ready to show the driver. If you do not show your EasyID or other proof of eligibility, you will be required to pay the full fare. If you need a transfer, ask the driver for a transfer ticket when you pay your fare. After you leave the driver's area, no transfer will be issued.
Umo (TouchPass) is an electronic ticketing system that allows customers to pay their bus fare using a reloadable smartcard or a smartphone app. Umo speeds up the boarding process and eliminates the need for passengers to have cash or coins on hand, worry about lost transfer tickets or search for paper passes. In addition to loading stored value, Umo also allows customers to purchase the following passes (full fare rates below, see the Fares webpage for the full list of fare types and products):
- 7-Day Unlimited Rides Pass for $12.50
- 20-Ride Pass for $27
- 31-Day Unlimited Rides Pass for $50
As an added benefit, customers can freeze their account if they lose their Umo card and then transfer their account balance to a new card*. Customers can also utilize an auto-load feature to replenish their account whenever it drops below a certain balance. Greenlink customers can download the Umo app by searching for “Umo Mobility” in the iOS or Android app store. Within the app, customers can purchase passes and load stored value to their account using a credit or debit card.
Customers who would prefer the reloadable smart card can pick one up at the dispatch booth inside the Downtown Transit Center at 100 W McBee Ave. Balances can be loaded onto customer smart card accounts by visiting www.UmoPass.com and paying with a credit or debit card, or by visiting the dispatch booth and purchasing fares using cash or a credit or debit card.
Greenlink customers who qualify for a reduced fare will need to bring documentation to the dispatch booth and have their Umo accounts updated to reflect their appropriate fare category.
Please call 864-467-5000 with any questions regarding the Umo ticketing system.
* If your Umo card is lost or stolen, a replacement card can be purchased for $2.
Riding the Bus
- After paying your fare, move to the rear of the bus. Please make front seats available for elderly or disabled passengers. Take your seat as quickly as possible. This allows the driver to start moving and helps the driver maintain the schedule.
- When walking on a bus, hold onto the grab rails or seat backs. Do not move around on a moving bus. Wait until the bus has stopped to move from your seat.
- For the comfort of other passengers, please do not eat, drink smoke, or use radios/music players without earphones. Please use care and courtesy when carrying items such as umbrellas, groceries, etc. Help keep your buses clean by keeping your feet off the seats and taking all trash with you.
- If you find an item on the bus that another rider may have left behind, please give it to the driver. All items left on the bus are turned in at the end of the day.
- If you leave an item on the bus, please call 864-467-5000.
- Please do not engage the driver in conversation. His or her job requires that he or she concentrate fully on driving the bus; he or she may be distracted by talking.
Exiting the Bus
- Give the driver adequate notice that you want to exit the bus. Pull the bell cord at least one block before you want to get off.
- Use the rear exit door to leave the bus. This allows boarding passengers to use the front door, and the bus can maintain its schedule more easily. However, if you need the ramp lowered or are dismounting a bicycle from the bike rack, please exit from the front door.
- After you exit, do not cross the street in front of the bus. Stand away from the bus and wait until it has left before attempting to cross the street.
Please remember the following regulations:
- You must ask the driver for a transfer when boarding the bus, stating the route to which you want to transfer.
- Transfers will not be issued at any other time during your trip. You cannot obtain a transfer when you exit the bus.
- The transfer will have a "time issued" time printed on it.
- You must catch the next available bus traveling the route to which you are transferring in order for the transfer to be valid.
- As the bus approaches the transfer point, the driver will notify the other bus so that you are assured of making your connection. If the bus you are riding is more than five minutes late, no transfers are guaranteed.
- Occasionally buses are delayed by trains, traffic, or blocked streets. The driver will adjust the time on the transfer and will inform you of how long you will have to wait.
- When you board the second bus, give your transfer to the driver. Do not leave the transfer on the driver's seat.
- Transfers are not valid for making a round trip. For example, you may not ride the bus downtown, shop for 30 minutes and use the transfer to return home.
- Transfers may not be sold or given away.
In case of a dispute with a driver, please pay the fare and call 864-467-5000 to discuss the dispute with a Greenlink supervisor.