Permits for Parades, Festivals, Parties and Athletic Events
The Public Information and Events Department produces and permits special events for the City of Greenville. Individuals, organizations and agencies wishing to conduct public gatherings on City of Greenville property are required to obtain a permit. Examples of permitted events include:
- Block parties
- Park events
- Road closings
A special event permit application must be filled out and returned 15-60 business days prior to the start of the event. Need help? call 864-467-4485.
- 19A Festival Permit - Festivals, Major Events (Fillable) (PDF)
- 19B Event Permit - Runs, Walks, Races (Fillable) (PDF)
- 19C Event Permit - Block Parties, Single Day Events (Fillable) (PDF)
- 19D Filming Permit Application (PDF)
- 19E Private Property Permit Application (PDF)
- 20A Festival Permit - Festivals, Major Events (Fillable)
- 20B Event Permit - Races, Walks, Parades - (Fillable)
- 20C Event Permit - Single Day Events, Block Parties, Weddings (Fillable)
- 20D Filming Permit Application
- 20E Private Property Permit Application
Picketing within the City Limits
Individuals or groups organizing a picket, demonstration, rally, etc. in the public right-of-way (sidewalk, park, plaza, etc.) must submit an Online Picketing Notice (PDF Version) and provide the City of Greenville with advance notice of the event based on the table below.
Completed forms can be turned in to the Special Events office at City Hall (206 S Main Street, Greenville SC 29601) Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and Noon and 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (office is closed for lunch). Forms can also be submitted electronically to email@example.com and turned in to the Law Enforcement Center at 4 McGee Street, Greenville SC 29601 after business hours.
|Number of Participants||Place for Picket||Minimum Notice Time Required|
|25-50||Any public place except sidewalks||3 hours|
|51-100||Any public place||48 hours|
|101-200||Any public place||72 hours|
|201-400||Any public place||5 calendar days|
|Greater than 400||Any public place||7 calendar days|
No notice of intent to picket is required for picketing by a group of 10 or fewer individuals on a sidewalk, or by a group of less than 25 individuals on the grounds of a City park or plaza.