Bus Route Changes
Greenlink Customer Listening Sessions
Greenlink implemented multiple route changes on July 1, 2019. Now that these routes have been in service for six months, Greenlink is seeking rider feedback on the routes. How are the routes working? What would you change? What would you keep in place?
The Customer Listening Sessions are scheduled for the following dates. All sessions will take place at the Greenlink Transit Center (100 W. McBee Avenue):
- Saturday, January 25: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, January 30: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 4: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 6: 6:30 – 7:30 a.m.
Customer feedback may prompt further evaluations of ridership and on-time performance data, which may result in staff recommendations for future route changes. Individuals who are unable to attend a Customer Listening Session may email their feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 13, 2020.
Proposed Changes to the Trolley System
The City of Greenville launched the Heart of Main, Top of Main, Arts West and Augusta trolley routes in August 2017, and after operating the routes for two full seasons and analyzing ridership data, Greenlink has identified ways to improve performance on the trolley network.
As a result, Greenlink is holding two drop-in style public meetings to give customers a chance to review the proposed changes and provide input. The same information will be shared at each meeting. Customers are invited to attend the one most convenient for them and to stop by any time during the hour:
- Thursday, November 21 – Drop-in from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Caine Halter YMCA (721 Cleveland Street)
- Tuesday, November 26 – Drop-in from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Hughes Main Library (25 Heritage Green Place)
Effective Thursday, January 2, 2020
1. All buses already inside the Transit Center will depart at the scheduled departure time. Buses will not wait on all routes to arrive before departing. However, the last trip of the night will wait for all connections so that customers can transfer to complete their trip.
2. Buses that arrive late to the Transit Center will depart as soon as all existing passengers disembark and new passengers complete the boarding process.
3. Customers are not guaranteed connections and will not receive complimentary passes for missed transfers.
This temporary policy will help to better evaluate which routes are routinely arriving late at the Transit Center. Staff will use the data to make future recommendations.
Effective Thursday, August 29, 2019
Due to safety concerns, Stop 1397: Laurens Rd & Knollwood Dr is being relocated approximately 800 ft. north towards the intersection of Laurens Rd & Innovation Dr.
Effective Saturday, August 3, 2019
In an effort to maintain on-time performance with Greenlink's schedules, the following stops will be serviced by Route 601: Simpsonville Connector instead of Route 510: Laurens beginning August 3, 2019. Customers boarding at these stops can transfer to Route 510: Laurens at the identified transfer location at 25 Old Mill Road. Customers should make sure they let the driver know that they need to transfer between routes 510 and 601.
- Owens Ln & S Main St
- Peachtree Ln & Crestwood Dr
- Cary St & W Butler Rd
- Murray Dr & City Center Dr
- Murray Dr & Hyde Cir
- Miller Rd & Murray Dr
- Miller Rd & Rainbow Cir
- Miller Rd & Oak Park Dr
- Miller Rd & Old Mill Rd
- Old Mill Rd & Devonshire Rd
- 600 Block N Main St
- 503 Block N Main St
- N Main St & White Dr
Additionally, the bus stop at Old Mill Rd & Forrester Dr will be serviced by both 510 and 601.
Route Changes effective July 1, 2019
The results of the Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA), which were unveiled in August 2017, included recommendations for a number of bus route changes. As a result, Greenlink held 16 community meetings throughout the months of October and November 2017, sharing information about the proposed route changes and giving the public an opportunity to provide input on the route designs.
Feedback received at the community meetings were incorporated into the routes and the Greenville Transit Authority Board of Directors voted to adopt the new routes in December 2017. The changes will go into effect July 1, 2019.
Maps of the new route designs are listed below. The routes are also viewable in the FindGreenlink app and on TrackGreenlink.com. For questions or comments, call 864-467-4544.
New Maps & Schedules effective July 1, 2019
- Greenlink System Map Effective July 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Route 501: Pleasantburg (PDF)
- Route 502: White Horse (PDF)
- Route 503: Poinsett (PDF)
- Route 504: Anderson (PDF)
- Route 505: Rutherford (PDF)
- Route 506: Woodside (PDF)
- Route 507: Augusta (PDF)
- Route 508: Wade Hampton (PDF)
- Route 509: E North (PDF)
- Route 510: Laurens (PDF)
- Route 601: Simpsonville Connector (PDF)
- Route 602: Woodruff Connector (PDF)