Greenlink has partnered with Google to make using public transportation in Greenville even more convenient.
Riders can now utilize Google Transit, a popular web-based application that uses data provided by Greenlink, to plan their trips using their smartphone, tablet or desktop. The app allows riders to customize their routes, view interactive maps and get walking directions to the nearest bus stop and to their destination once they leave the bus.
Access Google Transit using the widget at right, or via the Google Transit website. Google Transit provides step-by-step directions and information, including:
Closest bus stop and departure times
Route names and numbers
How long the trip will take
Customers may also be interested in using the Moovit tool to plan their route.
Interested in using Greenlink's GTFS data for map and route planning development?
1. Although Google Transit will accept names of landmarks (i.e. Peace Center, Fluor Field, Bon Secours Wellness Arena), you can sometimes improve the accuracy by using the street address (i.e. 206 N. Main St.).
2. If the trip result seems to suggest a fair amount of walking, choose the "Less Walking" option.
3. To familiarize yourself with what you will see on your trip, turn on Satellite View or for a street level perspective, use Street View.
4. The Google Transit schedules use scheduled arrival and departure times, not real-time. It will not indicate if a bus is running late. To get real-time information, call Customer Service at 864-467-5000 or download the Transit app.
5. Although the fare may read $1.50 for your trips, keep in mind that your fare will be lower if you are eligible for discounted fares or fare-free service.