Greenlink bus drivers help meet Greenville County residents’ day-to-day needs by transporting passengers to their jobs, medical appointments, the grocery store and other important errands. Drivers are responsible for following City, County, State and Federal laws; collecting bus fare; assisting disabled passengers as needed; monitoring vehicle operation and documenting any mechanical issues; staying alert to weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
Hourly rates are dependent on years of experience but range from $15.47 to $22.43 an hour.
- Required uniforms and equipment at no cost
- Additional training at no cost
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per fiscal year for approved undergraduate and graduate courses
- Employee wellness programs, including tobacco cessation and fitness stipend programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which offers free, confidential professional counseling, education and referral services to employees and their eligible dependents
- Employee Health Center, which offers free visits with a nurse practitioner, annual physicals and vaccinations
- Comprehensive insurance and benefits plan
- Family/medical leave
- Military leave
- Longevity bonuses paid every 5th year
- Membership in the South Carolina State Retirement System
- Supplemental elective 401(k)/457(b) plans
- 11 (8-hour) paid holidays per year
- Accrued general leave that can be used for other paid time off
Don’t Have a Commercial Driver’s License?
Don’t worry! Greenlink now offers in-house training with the “Bus Operator in Training” position.
Applicants who don’t have a South Carolina Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) will undergo training at the beginning of the program and will be required to obtain their Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) within 2 weeks of hire and their CDL within 8 weeks.
There’s no fee to participate in the CDL training, which would normally cost you over $2,000. And, while you’re actively enrolled in our Bus Operator in Training program, you’ll earn $15 an hour.
The program includes classroom and hands-on training and provides the skills and knowledge required to operate a public transit bus safely and independently. Trainees who complete the program will be promoted to Bus Operator.
Want to learn more? Schedule a bus ride-along with Greenlink’s Safety & Training Specialist by calling 864-298-2750 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Questions or Comments
Director of Public Transportation
Marketing and Public Affairs Manager and Media Inquiries
Transit Operations & Safety Manager
Transit Planning Manager
Administrative Offices/Transit Center
100 W. McBee Avenue
Greenville, SC 29601
For Hearing Impaired / TTY Customers
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Route Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
5:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Last trip departs at 10:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Last trip departs at 5:30 p.m.
Greenlink service is not offered on the following holidays:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day