department of management and
All businesses physically located within the city of Greenville are required to
have a business license. Additionally, a business license is also required for
any business that comes into the city of Greenville to do business.
Business licenses must be purchased each calendar year and are valid from
January 1 to December 31. Temporary and one-time licenses can be issued when
appropriate and are valid for the time period specified on the license.
Business License Regulations Streamlined
Effective Nov. 27, 2012, the City Council approved a revision of the City business license policy. In an effort to
streamline our overall business license program, the City:
- Provides the 2% early renewal payment discount for resident businesses if paid by Jan. 31;
View Details in Section 8-72 "Early Payment Discounts for Resident Business License Renewals"
- Rewards longevity for resident businesses with the new anniversary discount;
View Details in Section 8-71 "Anniversary Discounts"
- Streamlines the City's overall business license ordinance;
- Reduces the business license rate categries from 22 to 15 classifications;
- Adds a declining rate in the "Service" categtory;
- Changes the definition and rate for the "Office Maintained" classification; and
- Increases business license renewal penalties.
View the new Business License Code
Read the City Manager's Letter to Business Owners
New Business in Need of Assistance? Fill Out the Rate Schedule Request
For rate sheet information, please contact us at 864-467-4550,
or complete the following information and submit it to us. We will
e-mail your rate sheet back to you.
* Required Field