Find It!
department of public information and events

Emergency Information

City Residents

If you’re unsure whether you live in the City, please use the Where’s My House application on our web site at

Down Trees and Limbs

If the tree is from your yard (not from right-of-way), you need to contact your insurance company.

If the tree is from your neighbor’s yard, you need to contact your insurance company.

If the tree fell from the right-of-way into your yard, call Greenville Cares (the City's customer service call center) at 864-232-2273 and provide your name, street address, mailing address (if different) and phone number. They will contact the City's tree crew to inspect.

If a tree/limb is in the right-of-way or in the street, call Greenville Cares at 864-232-2273. You’ll be asked the following questions:

  • Is it blocking the entire street or part of the street?
  • Is it blocking the sidewalk?
  • What is the closest address?
Snow and Ice Removal

All streets in the city are assigned one of the following priorities:

Priority A: This includes primary routes, hazardous bridges, arterial streets, steep grades and major collector streets, and will be the first roadways to be cleared of ice/snow. Examples include Church Street, Laurens Road, Roper Mountain Road and Pleasantburg Drive.

Priority B: This includes collector streets. On these streets, snow and ice will be removed or they will be spread with sand to make travel as safe as possible. Sand will only be used whenever it is deemed necessary. Examples include McDaniel Avenue, Rutherford Road, Verdae Boulevard and Parkins Mill Road.

Priority C: This includes residential collectors and commercial streets. These routes will be plowed once “A“ and “B” streets have been addressed and all hill and trouble spots will be covered with sand. Examples include Cleveland Street, Lowndes Hill Road and Wembley Road.

Priority D: This includes select neighborhood streets with steep hills or other trouble spots. These are only plowed if all other priorities have been addressed and if resources and supplies are available.

Driveway Entrances: The removal of snow, both on and off the public right-of-way is the responsibility of the property owner.

Facebook Feed

Useful Telephone Numbers

Duke Power Outage

AT&T Phone Line Out

Charter Cable Outage

Greenville Water

Greenville Water - Renewable Water Resources

Piedmont Natural Gas

Power lines down/power poles broken:
Duke Energy

Tree or limb down ON power line:
Duke Energy
1-800-777-9898 We are not allowed to touch limbs/trees on power lines.