Find It!
department of public information and events


Special Event Permits

Individuals, organizations and agencies wishing to conduct public gatherings on City of Greenville property are required to obtain a permit. This includes: block parties, concerts, parades, carnivals, park events, races, road closings, performances, filming, ceremonies and festivals. A Special Event Permit Application must be filled out and returned 15 - 60 business days prior to the start of the event.

Emailing Our Fillable Form

Get Acrobat Reader The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader will allow you to easily return our fillable form via email. Download this free software now.

Event Application Categories include:

For further assistance please contact Special Events Manager Will Young at (864) 467-4485.

Encroachment Permits

A permit is required for anyone who operates an outdoor café or has an A-Frame sign on the sidewalks or public property in the Zoned C-4 District of the City. For further assistance, contact Emily Armes at 864-467-4490. Please view the below applications.
Renewals of Current Encroachment Permits - 2015-2016 Permit (from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016)

Street Performance Permits

Individuals wishing to perform for gratuities on City owned or operated sidewalks, plazas, parks and other public spaces are required to obtain a street performance permit at least 24 hours prior to performing. Street performance means acting, singing, playing one or more musical instruments, dancing, miming, juggling, unicycling, stilt walking, doing magic tricks, reciting, imitating statues and engaging in similar acts of entertainment. Performances with flames or fireworks are excluded without written authorization from the City Fire Marshal. Performances with knives, daggers, swords and similar sharp instruments are excluded without written authorization from the Greenville Police Department. Performances with chalk drawings on sidewalks are excluded without written authorization from the City’s Public Works Department Director. Performances with live animals are excluded. For more information, please review the Street Performance Ordinance and Application, or contact the Special Events division at 864-467-4494.
Street Performance Ordinance
Street Performance Permit Application

Event Road Closures

yield traffic sign illustration

View Event Related Road Closures
- or -
Sign up to receive email notification of event road closures.


Will Young
Special Event Manager