department of public
information and events
The City of Greenville sponsors
Greenville's favorite tradition, the Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade. For
more than 20 years, the parade has signaled the start of the Christmas season in
Greenville. Each year the parade attracts thousands of visitors downtown to view
the holiday floats and activities.
The parade is traditionally held in early December.
The 2013 event will be on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013.
The parade begins promptly at 6 pm and continues to about 7:30 pm.
Download the 2012
2012 Poinsettia Christmas Parade
Parade Promotional Video
How to Build A Float
2012 Parade Winners
More than 85 entries competed for top honors in the 2012 Christmas Parade. The winners are:
- Joel Poinsett Award (BEST OVERALL) – Brown Mackie College
- Best Float – Faith Renewed Outreach Center
- Best Marching/Walking – Greenville Derby Dames
- Best Band – Greer High School
- Best Dance – Artistic Edge Dance Center
- Peoples Choice – True Nation Dance