department of public
information and events
The City of Greenville sponsors
Greenville's favorite tradition, the Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade. For
more than 20 years, the parade has signaled the start of the Christmas season in
Greenville. Each year the parade attracts thousands of visitors downtown to view
the holiday floats and activities.
The parade is traditionally held in early December.
The 2014 event will be on Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014.
The parade begins promptly at 6 pm and continues to about 7:30 pm.
Note: Registration for the 2014 parade is closed.
2013 Poinsettia Christmas Parade
Parade Promotional Video
How to Build A Float
2013 Parade Winners
More than 85 entries competed for top honors in the 2013 Christmas Parade. The winners are:
- Joel Poinsett Award (BEST OVERALL) – Brown Mackie College
- Best Float – AVX Corporation
- Best Marching/Walking – Greenville Gymnastics
- Best Band – Riverside High School
- Best Dance – Spotlight Dance Company
- People's Choice – Spotlight Dance Company