Find It!
department of economic development

Planning and Zoning Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

What is my property zoned?

Greenville County maintains a map of all zoning district designations within the county, including the city of Greenville. View the Map

Descriptions of the districts are provided in Article 19-3, Zoning Districts of the City’s Land Management Ordinance, which is Chapter 19 of the City Municipal Code. Go to the Municipal Code

How can I find information about a specific city property?

The city has an interactive mapping tool that provides information about all city property. Go to the property locator

What uses are allowed in the various zoning districts?

Please see the Table of Uses.

What are my setbacks, and other dimensional requirements?

Please see the Table of Dimensional Standards.

Plan-it Greenville Logo


Michael Kerski
Planning and Development Manager

Bryan Wood, AICP
Zoning Administrator

Nathalie Schmidt, AICP
Development Planner

Abbie Rickoff
Development Planner

Kim Jones
Zoning Officer

John Hamlett
Zoning Code Enforcement Officer

Marie McClendon
Administrative Assistant II

206 S. Main Street
5th Floor
Greenville, SC 29601

Telephone: 864-467-4476