department of human resources
The City of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender/sex,
race, color, religion, national origin, veterans’ status, or genetic information.
The City of Greenville is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply for positions with the City of Greenville SC by browsing to jobs.greenvillesc.gov.
Use your computer or one located in the Human Resources Department (2nd floor of
City Hall at 206 South Main Street in downtown Greenville). Office hours are 8:00
a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The City of Greenville will provide
reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals.
The application process may take up to 45 minutes to complete. To ensure a smooth
application process, make sure that you have the following before logging in to
- Education Information of Schools/Colleges/University Attended/Attending including
Degree, Major, and Year Graduated.
- Employment History Information (company name, address, telephone number,
supervisor’s name and phone number, job title, dates of employment, start and end
dates, salary information, job description/duties, and reasons for leaving, if applicable).
- Military Experience, if applicable.
- Driving Record: Be prepared to answer questions regarding your driving history.
- Criminal History: Be prepared to answer questions regarding your criminal
history, if applicable.
- Professional Reference Information: 3 References Required to include name,
job title, company name and address, phone number and email address.
- Public Safety Position Applicants (Sworn Police, Sworn Fire, and Communications
Specialist), will also be required to provide Personal Reference Information in addition
to Professional Reference Information.
Applications for Public Safety positions (Sworn Police Officer, Sworn Firefighter,
and Communications Specialist/Dispatcher are accepted as openings occur
or when the hiring departments are updating their applicant eligibility list.