department of human resources
About Human Resources
The City of Greenville is a vibrant and dynamic city, on the forefront of economic growth and innovation, urban development, arts and entertainment. Our employees play a vital role not only in making what our City is today, but also in shaping the future of Greenville. The City employs over 850 individuals in a diverse array of services.
The recruitment process for a new City Attorney is underway, filling the position to be vacated when City Attorney Ron
McKinney retires this year. Information on City Attorney position
The Human Resource Department carries out a myriad of responsibilities:
- Compensation and Classification
- Employee Benefits
- Job Opportunities
- Health and Wellness
- Employee Awards and Recognition
- Employee Development
Our mission is to recruit, develop and retain a diversified workforce of skilled, competent employees and cultivate an organizational culture that ensures a safe and healthy work environment, attractive compensation and benefits, and management policies and practices that enhance the City of Greenville as the location of choice to live, work and do business.
View the City of Greenville Human Resource
We fulfill our mission by:
- Ensuring compliance with employment regulations and the integrity of the City’s personnel policies and practices.
- Recruiting and retaining qualified, competent, and diverse employees through a competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Providing cost-effective benefits that address the health, financial protection, and retirement needs of employees and long-service retirees.
- Promoting healthy life style choices and improving employee health and well being, as well as ensuring employee safety by minimizing occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Fostering family friendly programs that allow for the healthy integration of work and personal life responsibilities in ways that enhance our employees’ skills and maximize their relationships and work effectiveness.
- Enhancing and strengthening individual, group, and organizational effectiveness through professional development, coaching and organizational development services.
We abide by the following core values:
- Trust is the basis for creating a healthy workplace.
- Fairness must exist and this means discrimination is non-existent and decisions are unprejudiced.
- Collaboration is the preferred method of interaction where appropriate.
- Open communication exists manager to manager, manager to employee, employee to employee, and employee to manager.
- Our workforce reflects the diversity of our community and is valued by all.
- Personal, team, and organizational accountability ensures we operate with integrity and highest professional standards.
- Responsive customer service involves working in partnership to address issues and concerns.