city of greenville culture
Springwood and Richland Cemetery Viewer
The Cemetery Viewer allows easy access to locate specific interments (graves) or deeded lots in the Springwood and Richland cemeteries. You can search interments by name or death date, and search plots by name or number. Move the mouse over the map to popup interment information and headstone photos.
Note: The Cemetery Viewer requires Flash Player 10 for functionality. Download the latest version of this free software now.
Marked graves are displayed as a red dot and located by visible evidence of a headstone.
Unmarked graves are displayed as a green dot and randomly located within a plot by the plot number recorded in cemetery records.
Family Markers are located on the map and contain only the family name.
Selected record locations from an active search are shown on the map with the binoculars symbol.
Click camera symbol to open a larger headstone photo in a new window
Click info symbol for more information
- Use the Search window as shown above, select which cemetery you wish to search from the cemetery pull down box.
- Choose one of the search types by clicking on the appropriate symbol:
Search by Name: Enter Last Name (required) and First Name (optional)
- Search by Date of Death: Select one or more from Month, Day, Year
- Search for Plots by Owner Name: enter Last Name (required) and First Name (optional)
- Search for Plots by Plot Number
- Search Interments Using Frequent Searches: Military and Who’s Who
- Search by Drawing a Graphic (point, line, polygon)
- Search results are shown in the Search Window. Click on one of the results to zoom to that location on the map and view the headstone in a Map Popup Window.
Additional Search Window Symbols
Show the selected record details in a table and export to CSV format
Re-display the current search results in Search Window
Minimize the Search Window to the right. Click to re-open.
Close the Search Window. To reopen, select Search from the Tools Menu
Map Popup Windows
To turn off the Map Popup windows when the mouse is moved across the map, open the Tools Menu, select the Map Popup and use the check boxes to toggle the availability of mouse-over information. When the Map Popup windows are disabled, information can still be obtained by clicking on the headstone marker.
To change location to the other cemetery, open the Tools Menu
and select "Zoom to Cemetery."