Recycling Special Events
Shredding & E-Waste Recycling Day - Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018
NEW LOCATION! Public Works Facility on Fairforest Way
This year's spring event is set for Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the City's new Public Works facility at 475 Fairforest Way.
At this free event, citizens can dispose of unwanted electronics and have their sensitive documents destroyed and recycled in a secure manner. All paper to be shredded MUST be bagged or boxed, and each person is limited to three large trash bags or three small boxes of paper. Bags and boxes must be intact, with no rips or tears. Reusable bags, boxes or containers will be returned to you.
City residents and businesses can drop off the items listed below for free during this special event. There is a limit of 10 electronic items per person. The City no longer is accepting fluorescent bulbs for recycling.
• Computer monitors
• Circuit boards
Loaves and Fishes will also be on site accepting donations.
Earth Day Festival
Saturday, April 21
Celebrate green living at our FREE family-friendly Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the City's new Public Works campus at 475 Fairforest Way, Greenville SC 29607.
Learn how to "green your routine" and enjoy:
- Cooking demonstration by Chef Xavier from Southern Pressed Juicery
- Composting class (compost bins will be available for sale)
- Build a birdhouse workshop
- Exhibitors like Mill Village Farms and Atlas Organics
- Touch-a-Truck with a variety of public works vehicles
- Kid's Corner with children's activities and story time
The Chuck Truck and the King of Pops will be onsite and MY102.5 will also be there with music and contests.
No coolers, pets or bicycles will be allowed on the campus during the event; however, dedicated bicycle parking will be available.
For more information, call 864-467-8300.
Christmas Tree Recycling
For the convenience of city residents, trees can be placed at the curb for collection on regularly scheduled pick-up days or taken to one of four convenient locations for recycling. All trees must be free of debris such as ornaments, tinsel, ribbons and lights to be recycled.
Drop-off locations include:
- Holmes Park (Twin Lake Road & Holmes Drive)
- Timmons Park (Oxford Street & Blackburn Street)
- Gower Park (Laurel Creek Lane & Laurens Road)
- West Greenville Community Center (8 Rochester Street)
The locations listed above are open until late January. Curbside pick-up within the city limits will continue for as long as needed.
Trees and trimmings are ground into mulch at Twin Chimneys Landfill. Call the Twin Chimneys Landfill at (864) 243-9672 for more information. The Greenville County website also has more information about mulch.
Other Christmas Recycling
All holiday boxes, tissue paper and wrapping paper (except foil-lined) can be recycled at the curb and at the following locations:
- Stone Avenue Recycling Center (800 East Stone Avenue)
- North Greenville Recycling Center (514 Rutherford Road)
Compost bins are periodically available for purchase from the City of Greenville for $35. For more information, call 864-467-8300.