We are now hiring afterschool counselors to assist with our Study Buddy Afterschool Program. Great part-time job for high school seniors or older.
Schedule: August 17, 2021 through June 3, 2022 | Mondays - Fridays | 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Community Center supervisor and staff, responsible for planning, leading, and implementing activities and experiences for children in a fun and enriching environment. Supervises homework time and assists in the development, growth, and achievement of group participants. Assists in maintaining the interior and exterior of the facility. Assists with Afterschool Program dinner served daily.
Description: This position incorporates a variety of duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Assist with Afterschool Programming:
- Form positive relationships with youth and families.
- Provide homework assistance and academic mentoring.
- Conduct life skills and teambuilding activities.
- Maintain a positive, safe, and productive work environment by ensuring that the classroom and any other spaces used are neat, organized, and foster physical and emotional safety as well as focused work.
- Lead organized learning activities for youth to develop and strengthen their academic, physical, and social skills.
- As needed, differentiate lessons and activities so they are appropriate to students with various abilities.
- Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and events.
- Implement discipline techniques and classroom management.
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, students, and staff.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the Community Center and all program areas, including but not limited to being responsible for the participants’ safety and whereabouts at all times.
- Assist with Community Center food programs:
- Assist with the set-up, serving, and clean-up of meals.
- Participate in food safety program and comply with food safety guidelines.
- Maintain the upkeep of building/grounds:
- Inspect and maintain the exterior and interior of the building facility to maintain a safe environment for all campers.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Sweep and mob floors as needed.
- Wipe down tales and put tables and chairs up each day.
Salary: $12.00 per hour, paid through temporary staffing service
- High school senior or older
- Preferred one-year experience working with children
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening
- Must be able to produce a negative TB test
- Heavy lifting; up to 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation
To apply visit: Afterschool Counselor Application